30 April 2024

Let's Try This Again.

Good Lord am I bad at this blogging thing. Or maybe I'm just bad at the whole Life thing.

Since my heart surgery, it's been hard for me to get back to where I used to be mentally. What I found I really wasn't prepared for was the brain fog, the loss of words mid-conversation, the inability to really focus and stay on-task. It was extremely hard for me to finish my part of the Dominions of Steel manuscript in the fall of '22, as I was still in recovery from the surgery and in no real shape to "brain." Apparently, being on a heart-lung machine while my actual heart was physically outside my body caused a condition referred to as "pump head" by folks who have had Open-Heart Surgery. It's caused me to be fairly scatterbrained.

I'd love to stoically plant the haft of my polearm in the dirt and say "That stops now." But I can't, I really don't have any control over the ongoing effects of pump head. But I am learning I can try to power through the fog and get stuff done. Stuff like starting a YouTube channel that I hope to make a companion to this revivified blog to put out my thoughts and feelings on tabletop gaming. To that end, I've used the Tasks reminders so thoughtfully provided by our Google overlords to set goals of posting here on the 1st and 15th of every month, as a bare minimum. 

So, here we go. I'm going to post this little letter, then write a game-related post to get the reboot started.

No comments:

Post a Comment