12 July 2015

D&D 30-Day Challenge: Day 17- Favorite Animal/Insect/Arachnid

This is kind of a tough one.  For some reason my brain is having an issue picking something in this category.  I think this is partially because the organization of monsters by specific categories is a relatively new thing for me, and since I'm looking at this through a BECMI lens, I keep questioning each monster that pops into my head - is that an animal, or something else?

I suppose I will choose the good old trusty wolf.  Wolves are a mundane animal, but can be used in many ways.  Wolves are pack hunters that can certainly threaten a party of PCs traveling in the wilderness.  Wolves can be harbingers of something else entirely - they are associated with vampirism and lycanthropy.  Wolves can make great companion animals for woodsy-type characters.  So I think I'll go with the wolf. 

No comments:

Post a Comment